Protia Ltd is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Protia Ltd’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
In order to develop and continually improve our sustainability performance we must engage our supply chain.
In order to do this we will:
- Comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- Ensure that all staff members are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- Work to ensure that our suppliers treat their people fairly and with respect and that there is a culture of equality and equity
- Wherever possible we will employ local people and procure local produce and encourage our suppliers to do the same
We will engage our supply chain in sustainability by:
• Requiring, where possible, that potential suppliers submit prices for alternative more sustainable products
• Ensuring that any alternatives are given due cost benefit consideration prior to award
• Informing our customers of more sustainable alternatives
• Encouraging the assessment and monitoring of our suppliers’ supply chain to ensure that their sustainability risks, including Health and Safety, ethical, environmental, social and economic impacts are understood and managed, and
• Ensuring that we deal with all our suppliers and potential suppliers fairly and ethically and in accordance with our procurement policy.
• Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.